Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Yay Me!

Sunday night we ended up walking to the fireworks, about a kilometer each way. The whole family came so I couldn't ride my sons' bike. I walked a brisk pace as the kids rode their bikes, my hubby thought I was walking too fast which is a change because it's usually me telling him to slow down!

Today I made blueberry muffins, that I thought would be good for my breakfast at work this week. I don't think they're going to last long enough! I will at least get one tomorrow but the family has been gobbling them up. The rest of the day I did laundry and read. I did 30 minutes on the Gazelle and found that my eReader sits nicely on the display, so I read some more. After that I still wanted more. I am in disbelief myself! So I went on a short, ten minute (1.8km) bike ride as well!

I honestly can't believe how well I'm doing. Three weeks ago when I started this there was no way I would have believed if anyone told me I'd be going strong after three weeks. Now, here I am! Oh, by the way, I totally forgot to weigh in this morning so I'm going with yesterday's weigh in of 215.4 so I'm officially down 9.6 pounds! Yay me!

Blueberry Muffin Recipe


  • 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained


    1. Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix in milk, egg, and oil; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in blueberries. Fill lined muffin cups with approx 1/3 cup batter. 
    2. Bake at 400 degrees F 15 minutes.  Increase time to 20 minutes if needed.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment