Monday, June 11, 2012

My Big Fat Day One

Well, here I am. 225 pounds, the heaviest I've ever been.  I have no motivation to lose it.  That's what sucks.  I would still rather eat ice cream and steak and pasta and chocolate. I would like to think that if I write about it, maybe it will help me to get to it. Probably not.

Today I have logged in to Calorie Count (www.caloriecount.about.com).  I have used this site in the past.  About five years ago I lost 40 pounds just by tracking what I ate and portion control.  But I have a saying...I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and deprivedThis is why I am hoping I can at least convince myself to control my portions. Also, I should drink a glass of water when I feel like snacking. Hopefully that will fill me a bit and make me want a snack less.

Goals (pretty simple ones I hope)
1) Pay attention to what I'm eating
2) Drink water
3) Keep writing to myself as a reminder of what I'm supposed to be doing

I'd say wish me luck, but it would probably make more sense to wish me willpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment