Monday, January 28, 2013

25 Minutes and Screaming Shins

My shins screamed at me when I stopped. 

You have to understand that I just don't just stop dead at the end of my run, I do a five minute cool-down walk. As soon as the treadmill stops though, pain. I stretch, it feels better, but I feel like an old person when I'm walking back up the stairs with the underlying stiffness that I'm left with. And the dull ache follows me for the rest of the evening.

Guess what though? 

I don't care! I'm happy to feel the pain because it's a reward for what I have just done. I have just completed Couch to 5k, Week 7 Day 1, on my FIRST attempt!!! That's a 25 minute non-stop run! I am beyond proud of myself!

The fine print.

In case you are wondering, yes, I do warm up. I stretch then do a five minute warm-up walk. Just figured I'd mention that before anyone asks.


 


Hip-hip, hooray!!!
 
If someone had told me six months ago that I would be able to run for 25 minutes without stopping I would have laughed my head off at them!  I shocked even myself when I did.  After four days of not having a chance to run I was able to do it!!!  Excuse me while I pat myself on the back and give a little cheer!  Sometimes we can be our own best cheering section!

No comments:

Post a Comment