Friday, October 12, 2012

Couch to 5k: Redo

I finally restarted Couch to 5K tonight. I felt a bit of pain in my calves but increased the treadmill speed and it felt better. By the seventh "sprint" I could feel the knee pain that knocked me out last time, but I made it to the end without any trouble. Next time I will wrap it to be safe. I wore my old runners which seem to work best for me. As soon a I put them on it's like my feet found an old friend.  I actually went further and burned the most calories of any of my previous times. . .even when I had made it to week two previously.  It's very encouraging. I'm actually looking forward to day two on Sunday!

The hard part is that it's getting cold outside and I'm a hermit in the winter.  I hate the cold with a passion!  I'm getting a remote car starter so that I can warm the car up first.  Otherwise I know I will have a hard time getting my ass out of the house and into the cold!  Sometimes I think I should bring the treadmill here, but I am so hesitant because I know deep in my heart that I want to leave so I don't want to have to move it again. 

Anyhow, I will wish myself luck for the weekend ahead since it's so tempting to be bad.  I would LOVE to keep my calories under this weekend because today was my fifth "good" day in a row!  Seven would be even more fabulous but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment