Friday, February 22, 2013

Sometimes I Impress Myself

I finally made it to 25 minutes (running) again on Wednesday.  It took 2 1/2 weeks to get there but I finally got there.  That officially wrapped up Couch to 5k, Week 7 Day 3. 

Tonight, aka Friday, aka two days later, I really did not want to run.  I am PMSing and I want to eat everything.  I guess it's the one time of the month that I do want the bad stuff.  I was so tempted to stop at McDonald's and get fries instead of going for a run, but I didn't.  I got to my mom's and I still didn't want to run.  I didn't have my iPod, a good excuse I thought, but my mom said "go run".  So I dragged my ass and got changed, put on my runners and headed downstairs.


My shins screamed from the beginning.  I told myself "just 15 minutes" when I had already been running for 11.  By the time I checked the treadmill timer again I had been running for 21.  Well then, I can make it to 25 again, right?  Yup! Not only did I make it to 25 minutes, but I kept going and made it to 28 minutes.  That means I have successfully completed Week 8, Day 1 also!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment