Sunday, February 3, 2013

Healthy Homemade Potato Chips

Healthy potato chips?  Not possible you say?  I'm here to tell you that it is!!!  Ha ha!  I sound like an infomercial!

I purchased a microwave chip maker (called a Chipster from Epicure) just before Christmas but I haven't tried it out until now.  It's super easy to use but does take some time as you can only make about 15 chips at a time and you have to cook them for four minutes.  I tried some with Epicure Poutine Seasoning for Chips, then some with just sea salt, but my favorite were the ones I made without seasoning.  I grabbed some chip dip from the fridge and ate them with that.  That way I could enjoy the guilty calories of the dip with some not-so-guilty calories from the potato chips.

 

I also purchased a ceramic slicer as the potato does need to be thinly sliced and the slicer makes fabulously thin slices.  It's probably not a necessity though.

 
Since I'm already gushing about this Epicure product that I love, I will tell you about another Epicure product that I am completely in love with.  The Silicone Baking Mat.  It's a non-stick mat for lining baking sheets.  You don't have to add any grease or oil to it.  I even used it for chicken wings which didn't stick at all!!!  I like it so much that I just ordered a second one.

 
It appears that Epicure only ships to Canada, but there are similar products available at various kitchen gadget stores in the US.  Creative Kitchen (my favorite) sells a Paderno silicone baking mat and a Kyocera Ceramic Slicer that appears to be super similar to the Epicure one.  Amazon.com also sells similar products (chip maker and baking mats).  Amazon.ca sells a similar chip maker and slicer set.  They also have a wide variety of baking mats.  Any items that can make cooking easier and snacking less fattening are almost certain to make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment