Monday, February 18, 2013

Revelation

I realized something last night. I have mentioned a couple of times not to deny yourself "treats" or you'll snap and binge. You want a chocolate bar, have 1/2. Share the rest with someone else or put it in a Ziploc for next time. If you want chips, eat chips, just measure out ONE serving, or better yet, a 1/2 serving! What I realized though is that I don't even have the "want" for the most part anymore. I think I need a snack and I have calories available, well, I'll have a bowl of chips. Nope, don't want that, have and I have something like celery instead! I'm not sure how that happened!!!


I really felt good on my run last night and I thought I was going to be able to make my 25 minute goal finally.  Nope, never mind, a pain in my side had me return to walking after 20 minutes.  Darn!  I was so there in my head!  I blame that second turkey taco wrap I had at dinner.  There's always next time!

Speaking of turkey tacos. . .I used ground turkey for tacos last night and it was delicious.  We use wraps for our soft tacos so we can make them pretty stuffed with meat and veggies.  Honestly, I am in love with ground turkey and I am not even a turkey fan.  Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, I have a little and I'm done with it.  I have used ground turkey before, but I have to remember to use it more often as it was a great substitute for ground beef.

After you cook the ground turkey add taco seasoning and water, simmer until water is absorbed/evaporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment