Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Hate Bob (Not Really)

Well, I finally dusted off the Wii Balance Board and exercised last night. . .or at least tried to exercise.

So I'm doing yoga, (or mid-evil torture as I like to refer to it as) and the batteries in my Balance Board go dead. What am I going to do now?!? I'm pumped up and ready to exercise and I don't have time to go for a walk or workout on my glider because I'm going out after. I decided to dig out the Biggest Loser Wii.

I'm pretty sure in a previous post that I mentioned how I disliked that "game" so I went right into choosing a routine without going into the program any further. I picked light lower body and it wasn't bad. . .at first. The exercises were simple and certainly raised my heart rate as intended but eventually I hated Bob, which is good because that meant I was working hard. It was a 16-minute workout and I could not believe how much I sweat and how much water I drank! I did the cool down also and when I was done I had burned only 48 calories. Those are the hardest calories I've ever burned! I felt good after though so the trick now will be to keep my ass in gear.

The best part about my workout is that my hips barely bothered me last night in bed. My hips usually cause me horrible pain at night. This makes me want to do it again! I didn't start feeling anything until this afternoon though. Now I can feel the tightness in my hamstrings (I did stretch, I swear), so I will do something different tonight and maybe face Bob again tomorrow. And for the record, I don't hate Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment