Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting Back on the Horse

I stepped back on the treadmill this evening.  Then I stepped off.
 
Just kidding!!!
 
I decided it was time to see how my foot would hold up, and how I would hold up.  I decided the best way to start was to start over.  So I am restarting Couch to 5k from the beginning. 
 
Week 1, Day 1 is a 5 minute walking warm-up followed by eight one-minute runs with 1 1/2 minutes walking in between each run.  I could feel the pull in my legs, but in a good way.  My foot held up and the runs weren't as bad as I had pictured in my head.   As per my Fitbit Force, I burned 238 calories so I am happy with my first time results.

 
I referred to my Fitbit Force there.  I love it so far, but it wasn't always love.  In my previous post I mentioned that I received one as a Christmas gift and I was super excited, however the band was too large and we returned it and ordered a smaller one off of Amazon.  It finally arrived last Tuesday, but sadly, it didn't work.  It wouldn't turn on, it wouldn't even charge.  I requested an exchange, and Amazon was to ship me a new one and upgraded me to next-day shipping at no charge.  Well, they accidentally sent two!  And it's a good thing they did.  The first new one charged and turned on but would not connect to my computer or iPhone.  I spent quite some time trying to get it to work and was getting really frustrated.  Finally, I opened the second one.  It charged and it connected to my computer and iPhone.  Honestly, if they hadn't sent me two, it would have been returned and I would have chosen another type of monitor.  I'm glad I was able to finally get one to work though, but I will definitely keep a copy of my packing slip as proof-of-purchase just in case!

No comments:

Post a Comment