Wednesday, April 17, 2019

You Don't Have to Be Great

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
- I'm sure that's a quote from someone, but I have no idea who.


Last week may not have been perfect (okay, it was far from perfect), but all that matters is that I started. It was the time that I needed to start to be aware of what I was eating and eating better when I could. It was also the time needed to assess my grocery list and get some healthier choices into my fridge and pantry.

AND I did lose 1.6 pounds so that was a win!!!

We went for another walk last night. I am very proud of my cousin/walking partner for recognizing that she needs to get active, knowing her limitations, and realizing ahead of time that she was going to be busy today so that we needed to get the walk in last night. She has also planned our next walk for Friday!!! If I can help even one person work on their goals while I work on mine, then that is great!

Who on earth starts a "diet" when their team is in the playoffs though? Me. I fought the urge to order wings during the game, mostly because I already had a treat and was still "winning" on calories burned, but next game I may have to give in!

By the way, I don't actually like referring to it as a "diet". A diet is restrictive in food choices. Diet's are also temporary. I like to call it a "healthier lifestyle", or "healthy choices", or just "being a healthier me". I am not restrictive in what I eat. I may choose not to eat something, or to eat less of something that maybe isn't all that healthy, because, to be honest, I like food too much and I feel like restricting myself would definitely lead to failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment