Monday, March 31, 2014

Obstacles

The past few days I have been extremely hungry. . .or maybe I'm not hungry, but I can't stop eating.  I'm not sure what's going on.  I have tried snacking on higher protein options but still no relief (I am a protein addict and if I don't get enough I can feel it through my body).  I even caved in and ordered late night pizza!  I take comfort in knowing that it's a phase and that I am conscious of my indiscretions so I know I will never let it get out of my control.  I will not be that person ever again.  It's a bold statement, I know, but it's what I truly believe.

Something good that came from the week I wasn't running because I was sick. . .my shin splint is feeling somewhat better.  I haven't taped it again (yet), although I now own three rolls of KT Tape in different colours! (I found it on sale.) I am thinking "colourful" for Colour Me Rad!

I failed at my run again tonight.  I got a cramp in my side with about 11 minutes left and I couldn't shake it off.  I had to slow down to a brisk walk.  I was mad at myself for not finishing but I can't expect it to be "perfect" all the time.  Different days will bring different obstacle's.  I'm just in the process of making my way around a few.  I'm sure better days are ahead!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment