Saturday, March 8, 2014

Deflated

There I was feeling all proud of myself that I could "run" for 25 minutes when I noticed that the Couch to 5k app says "Jog for 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes)".  2.5 miles?  I'm supposed to be at 2.5 miles?  Whoa!!!  I had been all proud of my 1.75 miles per run.L At least it has helped me to figure out a plan to get to 3.1 miles (aka 5k) for real.  I have continued on to Week 8.  Day 1 and 2 were 28 minutes each which I did without problem.  Day 3 will be 30 minutes, which was supposed to be 3 miles (not quite 5k).  After Week 8 is complete I will continue to add 0.25 miles once I am comfortable with each distance.  Once I actually achieve 3.1 miles, then I can either work on speed or possibly take it outside. 

1.75mi = 2.8164km

Taking it outside.  That is something that has never interested me before.  Now I am bored on the treadmill and that is what makes it hard to run for as long as I need to sometimes.   I know running outside will be totally different and I will need to get past my anxiety of running in "public" but I hope that a change of scenery will make it easier.   Plus. this means I can shop for some "outdoor" shoes!

I've been feeling like a may be developing a shin splint.  I have purchased some KT Tape (aka physio tape) and will likely apply it if the pain persists.  Tonights run will be the deciding factor.   This tape is the type that many of the athletes in the last summer Olympics wore for various injuries.  


I am looking forward to tonight's run.  I can't believe I am going to jog for 30 minutes again.  I never thought I would get back to that time, or at least not this quick!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment