Monday, December 24, 2012

Change of Plans

Well, I decided not to run today.  I scratched my foot up and it hurt to just wear a shoe, never mind run.  I may not get back to running until after New Year's as it might be difficult to get to the treadmill (it's at my mom's).  I will use my glider at home instead to ensure I am burning some calories.

I will use my glider tomorrow (Christmas Eve) to hopefully burn off some of the extra calories that I will consume at my mom's ahead of time.  It's just hors d'oeurves, desserts, and snacks, but I know already that I will over indulge (she made butter tarts!).  I'm bringing a cheese ball (yum)!

Christmas will be another day of over indulging.  I always make a big breakfast of eggs, bacon, ham, hash browns, toast, orange juice and tomato juice.  This year I'm leaving out the ham, but I will be cooking one for dinner.  I will also be making perogies served with fried onions, and bacon crumbles for dinner.  This is in addition to the turkey and all the fixings that my mom is cooking.  I guess I've hit the time in my life where I actually look forward to cooking for Christmas. . .or maybe it's just that I'm adding the food that I want to indulge with! Oh, my mouth is watering just typing this!

I'll "see" you sometime after Christmas!  Until then Merry Christmas!!!  By-the-way, I would not be offended by anyone who wished me a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, or any other holiday that you and your family or culture celebrate.  I love all holidays.  Food and family and friends, I'd love to celebrate every one of them with you!!!


Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment