Sunday, November 4, 2012

Some Not-So-Good Days

I can't believe I haven't posted in a week!  I mean, I guess I can believe it, after all it has been a very uneventful week. 

I survived Halloween despite the candy (three pieces)! I still got to do the Couch to 5k that evening and it didn't feel too bad. Don't get me wrong, it was hard, but my muscles didn't feel as tired as the previous time. Instead of pigging out on Halloween treats that night I made a spinach and goat cheese pizza, it was so yummy. I have stocked my freezer with a few of them as they are a good, low-calorie per serving, snack.

The remainder of the week didn't go as well.  We had two "parties" for my daughters' birthday this weekend.  Friday evening I had planned for a fabulously fattening evening with family friends (multiple birthdays), and I wasn't planning on feeling guilty about it.  Then on Saturday it was her "friend" birthday party.  There was junk food and pizza and I ate far more than I had planned, no willpower!

So all this busy-busy left me with no time to do my Couch to 5k.  Tonight I dragged my ass to the treadmill, I really didn't want to do it, but I did.  I was at slower speeds then I have been and burned less calories because of that but I still did it.  I had a bit of foot pain though, damn it.  I hope it's nothing, perhaps my shoe wasn't tied tight enough. 

I have ordered some insoles for my new Nike's (the ones that I haven't worn since they caused me so much pain).  These insoles are supposed to have shock-absorbing arch support.  On one hand I can't wait to get them and try them in my shoes, on the other hand I am apprehensive about it in case they don't solve the problem.  I hope they arrive soon so I can find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment