Friday, November 30, 2012

It's Been Too Long

It's been too long since I last visited. 

This past Tuesday I got back to Couch to 5k after a week off.  The flu had pretty much left me with no strength or energy but I felt good and I rocked it!  I'm not saying it wasn't hard, but I made it through!  The last two minutes are definitely killer.  Lungs burning, side aching.  I repeated it again tonight.  This time add shoulder pain.  I added stretches for my shoulders before my runs but I still had pain near the end of the run.

I'm not ready for week five yet.  Day one might be okay, it's three five-minute runs, but day two is TWO eight minute runs!!! I can't imagine it, but then again a few weeks ago I couldn't have imagined running for five minutes! It truly amazes me that I can do it.

I'm a little worried about my weigh in on Monday.  Since I didn't exercise at all for a week, I had put back on three pounds.  Really?  Uhg!  I was still eating right.  This week with the runs and pretty decent calorie days I'm hoping to have at least lost those three pounds again.  I know I should exercise more but there is not enough time in the day or week.  I just want some quiet time sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment