Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ankle Pain-In-My-Ass!

I haven't been at my best for the last week or so, but somehow I still managed to loose 1.2 pounds on my weigh-in this week.  Mostly, it's just busy family life making exercising harder to squeeze in, but birthday parties on the weekend had led to me being really, really bad.  I was quite surprised to see a lower number on the scale this morning, in fact, I had almost decided to skip the weigh-in until next week!

Back on the treadmill tonight though, Couch to 5k, Week 3.  I had to change the second three minute run to two 90 second runs as my ankle was hurting. It was still the same amount of time though, but I will repeat day one next time.

So here's what I need. . .I need advice on runners. I under pronate when I'm running. This causes pain on the outside (smaller area) of the foot and leads to ankle pain. I have tried several different runners and just when I thought I found the best one's, the pain is back! So if you have been (or are) overweight and have started or are well into a running program yourself, have you found a truly comfy pair of shoes? I'm especially interested in other people who have problems with underpronation.

I have ordered a pair of Sof Sole Stable Trac Insoles.  I do hope that these will do the trick.  I found them recommended on Runner's World after I ordered them so I'm really hoping they solve my problem and maybe I can wear those new Nike's that had been hurting my feet.  I have to wait for them to arrive in the mail though! Patience, they're coming from the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment