Saturday, January 17, 2015

Ten Pounds to Lose in Two Weeks! (And a Long Overdue Update)

It's been a while, I know.  I have been meaning to update, but time was not always been on my side. That, or else I was just too lazy.

Tuesday, nine days before Christmas, I decided that it was time to give in to the holiday treats.  I didn't overindulge at work, mostly. There was food, but a lot was real food and I mostly stayed away from the candy and other treats or limited my intake. Until Chrismas.  Then I ate it all.  All the treats I craved, all my favorites. I tell you, PMS at Christmas couldn't be better timing for indulging your cravings! I had full intensions of returning to my journey on January 5th.  Then, I got sick.  

Do you know that saying "feed a cold"? Well, when I'm getting a cold, or have a cold, I am constantly hungry. Even when I get to the point of not being able to taste stuff, I still want to eat.  So January 5th passed and I still hadn't got back to my journey. AND I was going to Vegas the next week.

It gets worse.  I joined Chris and Heidi Powell's Dietbet and I had to lose seven pounds by February 1st.  BUT I went to Vegas!  


With the food and the alcohol, I now have ten pounds to lose by February 1st. WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?  I am sure that some of that extra weight is water retention from all the dining out we did.  I know my stomach was unhappy a lot of the time.  There was also a bit of drinking going on which can also cause water retention.  As you can see below, there was a lot of calorie burning too.



I am ready for this next two weeks.  I must stay committed, I must be strong.  I can do this, I will do this!  Wish me luck?  No, I don't need luck, I need willpower! Wish me the mental strength that I need to do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment