Friday, January 23, 2015

I Can Do It! And I Am!

My weigh in on Tuesday showed that I have 6 1/2 pounds to lose by the time I weigh in on February 2nd.  Hard, yes, but I won't say impossible.  I am still planning on giving it my all and not giving up no matter how crazy it sounds.  Having this goal has helped to keep me in line and to not have those little treats that are so easy to to give in to.  It has kept me from taking seconds, no matter how small the portion, and from grabbing a quick snack from leftovers.

It is hard.  Wednesday I increased my treadmill jogging time from 9 minutes to 16 minutes (the time is broken into smaller portions with walking between several minutes of jogging).  The last five minutes was hard but I kept telling myself "it's only a few more minutes, I can do it".  Tonight was even harder, and I was telling myself that with every jog.  My phone reminder "I'm worth it" even popped up at the perfect time to remind me that I am doing this for me.

Yesterday I forgot my breakfast at home, yikes!  I decided to grab a breakfast sandwich from Starbucks but I was sure to research the nutrition first and went in with several options just in case they were out of any of my choices:

  • Reduced-Fat Bacon Style Turkey, White Cheddar & Egg White English Muffin Sandwich:   230 calories, 6 grams of fat (I was able to get this one)
  • Spinach, Feta & Egg White Breakfast Wrap: 290 calories, 10 grams of fat
  • Egg & Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich: 280 calories, 13 grams of fat
It wasn't as good as the picture but it
served the purpose!
As a backup plan, I could also choose oatmeal (160 calories, 2.5 grams of fat) with maple brown sugar (add 50 calories, 0 fat) or a fruit, nut, and seed topping (add 70 calories and 3 grams of fat). I certainly didn't want a repeat of Monday's disaster where my uninformed decision to have a peppermint mocha added an unnecessary 320 calories to my day.

Also yesterday I dropped my kids off at karate and went to run some errands. On the way back to pick them up I was hungry and needed to resist making a bad choice in the moment of hunger so I stopped at the grocery store instead. I picked up a veggie tray and sat in the car and ate while they were still in class. I was pretty proud of myself for making the better choice!

Today was a little harder yet as I really want junk! I won't do it though so I picked up some new protein powder after my run as I have been meaning to pick up some vanilla flavoured powder. I had a cup of that when I got home and immediately felt satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment