Saturday, June 7, 2014

Failing Un-miserably

I'm failing.  Mostly by choice.  Bad choices.  I've said things like this before and I'll say it again; there are always going to be bad patches.  Just don't let those bad patches define your journey.  Remember to always work toward the good.  If it were easy then everyone would do it.

I don't have a hard time with my bad patches anymore either because I am truly happy with what I have accomplished.  Maybe I will never reach my ultimate dream of 160, but I got pretty damn close.
 
At this point I'm happy with maintenance. That means if I want a cheeseburger I will have a cheeseburger. I know I had cheeseburgers occasionally all along, but I might have a cheeseburger more often now.  It's about balance I think.  I still like to eat healthy and control portions and choose my "junk food" carefully.  And I will always need many good days to balance out the few bad days.

My biggest problem I that I just haven't felt like running.  My big-fat-unmotivated-ass is making it's return!  I always talked about doing some other kinds of exercise but if I'm not running then I'm definitely going to need to get serious about doing other exercise regularly.  Now is not really the time to quit running though...my 5K is only 6 weeks away!  Must get motivated soon!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment