Sunday, June 15, 2014

Time to Get Serious. . .Again

Warning!  Extreme boredom ahead.  I needed to make myself accountable again so I kept a daily record in an attempt to be accountable for my choices.  You may skip to the last paragraph for my conclusion if you don't want to read on about the day by day accomplishments and defeats.

Day 1. . .168.4
I wanted to eat constantly and I spent most of the day on the couch watching Orange is the New Black.  I did 10 minutes of dumbbells and squats while I watched. I ended the day 53 calories over.  Not the best return.

Day 2
I ate breakfast early which makes for a long food day.  I had a banana and yogurt for a snack before lunch which was left-over, thin-crust pizza, and raspberries.  There was a snack before 2, and then I struggled to make it to dinner! After dinner I went for a run (finally, it had been a week). I upped the first 15 minutes to 4.3 then stopped to tie my shoelace and accidentally put it at 4.5 for a bit before I realized and dropped to 4.4.  I lasted 30 minutes total for 2.2 miles (plus .5 mile walking). I ended the day with a 257 calorie deficit.

Day 3
Did fairly good at being good today.  Except I planned to exercise but watched the rest of Orange is the New Black, Season 2 instead.  Oops!  I still had a 228 calorie deficit so I was satisfied.

Day 4
Good for food, failed at running.  I was determined to jog for a half hour starting at a 4.3 but failed horribly.  Fourteen minutes, uhg!!!  Tried a walking break then ran again but quickly realized I was done.  This is actually driving me nuts!  I'm supposed to be able to run 5k in 38 days!  Still, a 250 calorie deficit for the day.

Day 5
My son's birthday!  Plus, a baby shower at work.  Uh-oh!  Calories for the day. . .horrifying!  Not even going to discuss it.  (Hangs head in shame). 

 
 
Day 6
Work BBQ today!  Hot dog, Pepsi Next. . .and chips.  I have no will power.  However, despite being dead set against running tonight, I decided it must happen, even a failure at running would be something, right?  No failure tonight though.  I did the full 5k at a 4.2 jog!!!  Plus a 1/2 mile walking.  Sometimes I am proud of myself.  I ended the day with a 227 calorie deficit.
 

 
Day 7
And then I screw it up!  Sh!t!!! I tried so hard to be good.  Went to a potluck for dinner.  Tried to eat all the healthy choices.  For protein I had a burger patty with no bun.  Little did I realize that the burger patty had a million calories!  Okay, not really, but more then I budgeted for.  Once it was all added up I ended 450 calories over for the day.  Uhg!
 
Conclusion. . .166.8 (1.6 pounds)
Despite my determination to be good, I had two bad days.  I normally allow myself one "bad" day a week and that one day was planned for my sons' birthday.  However I was bad again on the weekend, although, it could have been way worse.  I will keep up the day by day accountability for at least another week as I do think it helped to make myself more aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment