Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

I wrote a letter about parting with my Fitbit Force:
 
Dear Force,

It is with great sadness that I have to say goodbye.  I lived in denial for many weeks, blaming the rash on wearing you too tight.  Telling myself everything would be okay.  However, the rash over-took both wrists and even blistered on the left, making me face the facts: You were just no good for me anymore.

While I waited for your return transportation to arrive, I spent so much time researching and deciding how to replace you.  The truth is, there is no replacement, but I reluctantly ordered a One.  This means that although I will receive $140 back for returning you, I have now wasted $100 on One.

Why is it a waste you ask?  Well, once Fitbit releases a product that can truly compare to you, my relationship with One will also end. . .only this time there will be no refund.  The $100 One will then join the dusty pile of outdated electronics on my computer desk and I will spend however-many-hundred dollars on the new product.  My relationship with One is necessary though because I truly cannot live without a Fitbit in my life.

We have had good times and bad times.  Since you arrived I have only left you at home one time, and that was because you didn't match my party dress (so sorry for that).  I will miss you greatly, Force, but I will always have the scar you left on my wrist as a reminder of our time together.   I hope you have a fabulous trip back to wherever it is that you are off to.  Know that you will be missed.


Force
One

 

No comments:

Post a Comment