Monday, May 5, 2014

The Return (Again)

I know, I know. . .I don't post nearly enough but I can't tell you everything when there is nothing much to tell.

I reached a 2.35 mile jog again!  My first day back I ran for 30 minutes, but not the way I wanted to.  I had to split it into two 15's.  The next run I made the full 30.  The following run was a horrible first attempt at outdoor running!

I decided to walk/jog to my mom's because my daughter wanted to ride her bike there.  The shortest distance to get there is just under a mile.  The long way around is just over two.  Well, I quickly realized how hard it was and picked the short route.  Half way there I had an earache from the wind.  I didn't realize how windy it felt until I was out there!  We ended up getting a ride home because we stayed too long.  Let me just say that on Monday I went to the Running Room and bought a headband that covers my ears!  Not that I'll ever need it again, but I have it just-in-case.  I'm not giving up on outdoor running, I'm just gonna save it for a nicer day.

I returned to the treadmill yesterday and did a 2.35 mile jog.  It felt great to get there again.  Hopefully, I will get there again tomorrow.

I saw this post and immediately thought that it couldn't be closer to the truth.


This journey certainly has looked like the squiggle and it's not over yet!

(I originally published this about a week ago from my phone.  When I edited it to clean up the format a bit, it changed the date.  I do not recall that happening when I fixed up a post previously.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment