Saturday, March 28, 2015

Ready or Not, Emphasis on the Not

Another day, another disaster. Where the hell is my willpower?  It's ridiculous, I don't say no to anything.  That's just not me, that's not what I do.  I refuse to say "I can't" say no, because it's not about "can't", it's about me just not saying no and being self-indulgent. I'm perfectly capable of saying no, but I don't.  I'm sure that the scale will show no progress, or worse, on Monday.

Yes, I am stress eating.  Work has been hectic and I have not been coping well.  Maybe I should be working on my stress management skills.  Ha ha!  Except I can't see myself doing that.  Stress releases cortisol (a hormone) and elevated cortisol contributes to an increased appetite and cravings for fattening food!  Sadly, exercise can help control cortisol levels but since I want to eat yummy, fattening foods, I don't want to exercise.  Vicious cycle entered.


I'm back to "you have to be ready".  You will know you are not ready when you continue to fall.  That doesn't mean you can't try to see if you're ready every day until the day comes when you realize you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment