Thursday, February 13, 2014

Color Me Broke

Last night was the first time in the five weeks since I've returned to my journey that I missed my "run".  I'm at Week 5, Day 2, but had to postpone until tonight. You see, life gets in the way sometimes, and on the weekend one of my cats became ill and had to be taken in to the vet.  He stayed for two nights and came home Tuesday night to the tune of $1200 and an expensive special diet.  So, when the opportunity to work overtime was presented, my hand was up. "Ooh, ooh, pick me!"  Now tonight we normally have extracurricular activities but due to a parent-teacher night those activities are being skipped giving me the opportunity to get my run in.  


I haven't shared that I registered for Color Me Rad this year.  I'm super excited!  It will be my first 5k!  The reviews from last year advise that I probably won't be running the entire time due to crowding and color-bomb stations, but I really would like to do my best.  I am glad though because right now I'm saying "What was I thinking? 5k? Yeah, right!"  I was also saying that during my five-minute runs on Monday.  How the heck did I ever make it up to 30 minutes before?!?  It's all for fun so I'll try not to worry too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment