Sunday, November 30, 2014

Fall, Not Fail

I have started reading Chris Powell's Choose More, Live More for Life.  He says "We only fail when we lose belief...give up...stop trying".  I have not failed!  I have not given up, I have not stopped trying...I may have gotten off track but I have always come back to my goal.

In chapter two Chris asks you to make promises to yourself and write them down so I'm writing them here.  Now, because I've been on my journey for quite some time now, many of the suggested promises are already a regular part of my journey. Here are the promises I have chosen:

Food Promises -- I will:
1) Eat at least one serving of veggies every day
2) Drink water before every meal
3) Eat protein at every meal

Body Promises -- I will:
1) Exercise for five minutes a day
2)
3)

Mind Promises -- I will:
1) Look myself in the mirror every day and say, "I'm worth it"
2) Forgive myself for one failure a day
3) Set small weekly goals instead of big, long term goals

As you can see, I have left some blanks.  Maybe I will fill them in later but I haven't decided which ones I want to include yet.  That's okay because the book advises that from among the promises that I have chosen, to choose one to start and concentrate on that, then add another and another and so on.

I have chosen Mind Promise #1, look myself in the mirror every day and say, "I'm worth it".  The book does say you can tweak the promise to your situation so what I have done is set a reminder in my phone and three times a day it pops up and reminds me that I'm worth it.  And I smile every time it does.

I'm also trying to remember to drink water before every meal and exercise at least five minutes a day.

I look forward to reading the rest of the book to see if I can apply any more of Chris's transformation secrets to my own journey.  For a start, I am much happier to call my failures "falls" instead as it doesn't sound as harsh and it really does make me feel better about my missteps!


Powell, Chris. Choose More, Live More, for Life. Hachette Books, 2013
 

No comments:

Post a Comment