Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weekend Update

This post is actually from my first week back. . .I forgot to publish it last weekend!

The work week started off with a saboteur!  An innocent co-worker put a bag of six homemade peanut butter cookies on my desk on my first day back from vacation.  I had 220 emails to go through and I ate the cookies!   They were there, I was hungry, I was stressed, and I couldn't stop.  Okay, not couldn't, wouldn't.  Damn!
 
 
I did much better for the remainder of the week including a department lunch at a BBQ restaurant.  I was able to keep my calorie intake at reasonable amounts.  I was conscious of keeping my fluid intake to at least two litres per day (8 cups) helping my stomach to think it was full.

Yesterday, Saturday, was a bit tougher.  I tend to eat bad foods on the weekend but still try to stay in check.  T.o.m. should be visiting so not eating everything in the house was a challenge.  I did it though and despite being a pretty lazy day, I broke even on calories.

Which bring us to today.  Two pounds down, four to go.  This is okay especially because of T.o.m's visit.  If I can lose another two this week, and two more the week after then the holiday damage will be undone.
 
We did go pick out and pay for a new mattress set, which will arrive next weekend.  I hope that will help with my tiredness issues.  Also, lack of sleep raises cortisol levels, which can also lead to overeating.  (See post Stress Eating Does Exist.)  Here's hoping!



No comments:

Post a Comment