Sunday, May 5, 2019

Let's Talk About Moderation

I had ice cream today.

Why? Because I believe moderation is okay. Or at least it works for me.

I have the rest of the day ahead of me, so that just means I may have to make different choices later. That may mean a salad with dinner instead of a potato, or a smaller portion of something perhaps.

I had the ice cream at home where I could control the portion. One portion.

Let's talk about moderation. It may not work for everyone, but it works for me. If I want something "naughty", I have it, but I control my portions. For example, if the nutritional information says one serving equals one cup, I only eat one cup.  

If I want chocolate, I have chocolate. . .I may just eat 1/2 of the chocolate bar or have one piece of chocolate. If I want potato chips, I eat potato chips. . .I just have one serving. The best thing I own is a digital kitchen scale, then I can measure just one serving.  Moderation is key, if I deprive myself I feel like I will eventually snap and binge.

Yes, yesterday I denied myself ice cream, but I still had to look at the rest of the day and where I was in my daily goals. I had already had some "treats" so I couldn't "afford" anymore.

For me (and probably many other people) losing weight is in my head. Right now I am winning, but every day is a struggle. Every day that I can win against myself is one step closer to reaching my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment