Saturday, October 12, 2013

One Step Back

I have been neglecting my posting duties.  I probably had stuff to say but between life and sometimes laziness, I haven't stopped by to write.

You know that saying that goes you take two steps forward and one step back? Well, I'm taking that step back right now and I'm here to say that it's okay if that happens.  As long as you remember to step forward again.  I have been unmotivated and I have been letting myself make bad choices.  I knew that I would be miserable if I didn't let myself take this step back and I knew it would pass.  I have already decided that I need to get my ass back in gear on Tuesday as that will mark two weeks from my last run.

I'm sure I have mentioned before that even when I'm bad, I'm not horribly bad. I am always conscious of what I'm eating, the portion, and the overall amount of bad choices I make in a day.  I will never sit down with a big bag of chips again, I will never take more than two cookies, although I might eat the whole chocolate bar instead of half (but I haven't).  Most importantly, I am aware of the consequences of my decisions.

So when you "slip" or "cheat" or "fall off the food wagon" or whatever you want to call it, remember that you can choose to get past those bad choices and go forward again.  I have used this illustration earlier in my blog but it's always good to remember. . .


Thanks for reading, and I will try to stop by a little sooner next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment