Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Stress Eating Does Exist

I've had some good days, I've had some bad days.  I have lost three of those regained pounds and maybe I would have lost them all if I had been better.  I'm not going to complain though, and hopefully by this time next week I can be down the rest. . .although Tom will be paying a visit around then.

I'm a stress eater.  I would guess that many people probably are but some people are probably better at controlling themselves.  Did you know that stress increases the hormone called cortisol?  Higher levels of cortisol can make you crave sweet and salty food.  If anyone tells you there is no such thing as "stress eating", they might not have experienced it, but it does exist.




This week has been stressful.  I was promoted into a new position at work without warning.  Everything will be fine, but the initial transition has been overwhelming.   This, of coarse, leads me to bad food choices. These bad choices are mine and I think it's important that I can recognize that I make the bad choices because if I were to stop acknowledging the bad choices this journey would be over and I would be headed back in the wrong direction.  Again, as long as I can maintain, I will be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment